The God who sees Me!

In the bible you will find so many different names for God.  Each name describes an attribute of Him.   I am leading a group of women through a Bible Study and in the study the name El Roi has been discussed.

El Roi - 'the God that sees me'. The Psalmist writes 'When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the star, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him' Psalm 8:3-4

That is my question, who am I that the creator of heaven and earth sees me?  I marvel every day at all He has done for me and my family.

My faith in Him, my surrendering of myself to Him was not done easily or lightly.  I am certain there were many times on my journey to faith that I must have frustrated Him.   I did not grow up in the church, my faith was not past down from generations, I met Him in the dark.  In a time when my world had crumbled.

I found Him in a time when I thought I hated Him.  I was blaming Him for my loss, and yet He love me.    El Roi, the God who sees me, saw my loss, my harden heart and He loved me!

Recently circumstances have arose in my husbands job that have taken him away throughout the week. Our family schedule was arranged with two parents in mind.  I am tired, tonight I sit writing this not for you, but for me.

He is the God who sees me, my exhaustion, my loneliness for my husband, the overwhelming anxiety I feel at the thought of another day doing it all on my own.  I have no doubt that He will carry us through.  That His mercies will be new again tomorrow.

If you are reading this and you find yourself struggling, open your heart in faith and ask Him to help you, because He is the God that sees you!!

Blessings in His Name

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who do you say He is?

He was my Son!

How do you measure love?